Flu vaccination is recommended for the following patients/conditions:
- Over 65
- Chronic Asthma/COPD/Bronchitis (+ on certain medication)
- Heart disease
- Kidney disease stages 3/4/5
- Chronic Neurological disease
- Liver disease
- Weakened immune system due to disease or treatment
- Learning Disability
- Splenic dysfunction
- Registered carer
- People living in long stay residential care homes
- People working in long stay residential care homes
- If advised by your GP or consultant
The most efficient use of NHS time and money is to vaccinate in organised clinics every autumn. We usually hold large clinics in October and November, and small ‘catch-up’ clinics in December.
If you are in one of the eligible groups please contact us every September to book your appointment – we do not send reminder letters as we encourage patients to take an active part in managing their own healthcare. A useful memory jogger is that when children go back to school after the summer holidays, that is the time to book your flu jab – every year!
Health and Social Care workers with direct patient contact should be vaccinated as part of their employers Occupational Health obligation.
Patients who are not in eligible groups or who are not registered at The Quarter Jack Surgery can obtain vaccination privately at The Wimborne Travel Clinic within The Quarter Jack Surgery. Appointments can be booked by telephoning 01202 881693 or visiting.