We carry out 170 blood tests per week, therefore, we cannot encourage every patient to phone for results.
- If you are having the test prior to a routine check (ie Diabetic or Cardiac check), please do not telephone the surgery – your results will be reviewed at your appointment with the doctor or nurse.
- If you are having a routine test because you are pregnant, please do not telephone the surgery – your results will be reviewed at your appointment with the midwife.
- If you are having the test for a routine thyroxine or lithium check, please do not telephone the surgery – your results will be reviewed by the doctor . If you are on the correct dosage your medication will be updated and if you need to change dosage your doctor’s PA will telephone you.
- If you are having the test because you are unwell – the doctor will review your results and ask his/her PA to telephone you IF there is any message. However, if you are still unwell and have not had a message a week after the test, please telephone your doctor’s PA Monday – Friday between 2pm and 4.30pm. If your condition becomes worse at any time please follow any instructions given by the doctor or nurse or contact the surgery.
- If a doctor or nurse asks you to telephone for your results for any other reason, please telephone your doctor’s PA on Monday – Friday between 2.30pm and 4.30pm.
- If you have had an INR, the hospital will advise you of your dose by returning your Yellow Book.
Please ensure we have your correct telephone number. Find out how to contact us…