Our flu clinics this year will all be held at The Allendale Centre.
WHEN YOU BOOK AN APPOINTMENT YOU WILL BE SENT A LETTER – YOU MUST BRING YOUR LETTER TO RECEIVE A VACCINATION.
We have put in place specific instructions to protect you, our staff and the wider community:
• Do not enter The Allendale Centre more than 5 minutes before your appointment time.
• Enter using the main front doors and follow the one-way system.
• Exit immediately using the side door.
• Use hand gel provided and keep 2m apart.
• Attend alone unless you need help.
• Wear a face covering/mask (per government guidelines) while in the building.
• Have your left upper arm exposed and ready for vaccination before approaching the clinician.
• Clinicians will be in PPE for your and their protection.
• Do not attend if you have a temperature/cough or are unwell – please contact us to cancel the appointment.
Subject to supply:
Patients aged 65 (by 31st March 2021) will be offered Fluad trivalent vaccine (aTIV).
Eligible patients aged 18 – 64 will be offered Flucelvax quadrivalent vaccine (QIVc)
Both vaccines are supplied by Seqirus https://flu.seqirus.com
Eligible children (2 – 17) will be offered Fluenz nasal spray. Children offered vaccination because they are school age must have the vaccination at school. If your child is school age AND in an ‘at risk’ category, you can choose to have it given at school or the surgery. Fluenz is supplied centrally by the NHS – appointments will be released when delivery is confirmed.
All eligible patients (age 9+) with an egg allergy will be offered Flucelvax quadrivalent vaccine (QIVc)
Like us on facebook for the latest surgery news.